Pulled Chicken Tacos with Beetroot Pickle
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
For the chicken
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp Branston Beetroot Pickle
- 8 small corn tortilla wraps
- 2 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 large avocado, diced and tossed with a squeeze of lime juice
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Rub the chicken with the spice mix and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil over a high heat in a medium frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1tbsp of water, cover tightly with a lid and cook for 25 minutes until very tender, turning once.
- Remove the lid and pull the chicken into shreds with two forks and then return it to the pan with the spring onions and Branston Beetroot Pickle. Heat for 2-3 minutes until the onions have wilted.
- Warm the tortilla wraps in a pan, or according to pack instructions.
- To serve, spoon some lettuce onto each tortilla, top with the chicken, then sprinkle with tomato, avocado and finally some feta cheese. Squeeze over a little lime, fold and enjoy.