- 500g strong flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 7g fast dry action yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml warm water
- 200g Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheese
- 4 tbsp Branston Original Pickle
- Ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, place the flour and make a well in the middle of it with your fist. Add the salt and yeast to the well and then add half of the warm water and all of the oil. Stir together with a spatula, in a circle of eight motion, bringing the dough together and adding the remaining water and oil gradually to make a dry dough ball. You may not need all of the water.
- Once a ball, knead, by folding the dough into itself with one hand, continuously for 10 mins. Leave in the bowl and cover with oiled cling film, then stand in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour the dough should be twice its size. Knock the air out of the dough by punching it with your fist, then place on a floured work surface and roll out to the size of an A4 piece of paper. Scatter with the Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheese and Branston Pickle, and then sprinkle with pepper. Roll each piece up and seal up the ends by pushing down on them. Fold in half and transfer to an oiled bread tin or baking tin, then make a few slits on the top with a sharp knife. Cover with oiled cling film, the stand in a hot place for 45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7 and bake for 30-35 mins, until golden and risen. Allow to cool, then cool completely on a cooling tray.