Grilled Cheese & Mushroom Burger
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 1 Portobello mushroom (roughly the size of the muffin), peeled
- Olive oil for baking
- Salt & Pepper
- large handful baby spinach
- 1tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1tsp cream cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 x large English Muffin (white or wholemeal)
- 1 x slice gorgonzola cheese or Cheddar (to your liking)
- 2 x Baby gem lettuce leaves (washed & dried)
- 1 x slice of Beef Tomato
- Branston Caramelised Red Onion Relish
- Preheat an oven 180C/Gas 4. Drizzle the Mushroom with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake on an oven tray for 15 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan on a medium heat, wilt the spinach, allow to cool a little and squeeze away any water, return to the pan. Add the Parmesan, cream cheese and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- With a fork prick the muffin in half and place onto a baking tray. On to one of the muffin halves, spoon on the creamed spinach, then add the mushroom (bottom side up), then the cheese slice.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake until cheese has melted and the other half toasted (about 5mins).
- On top of the cheese side place the lettuce leaves and then the tomato.
- Spread the Caramelised Red Onion Relish on the remaining muffin half and close together. Serve warm.