Pieburger with Tomato & Red Pepper Relish
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 600g burger beef mince
- Salt and pepper
- 4tbsp Branston Tomato & Red Pepper Relish
- 4 rashes smoked streaky bacon (grilled & cut in half)
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- American mustard
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, (pre rolled)
- Egg yolk (for pastry brushing)
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Shape the meat into 4 x 8cm burger patties, season each side cover with oil and place into a hot pan to quickly seal (15 seconds each side). Allow to cool.
- On top of each patty, spoon 1tbsp of Branston Tomato and Red Pepper Relish and cover with bacon. Place the gherkins carefully on top, add a touch of mustard, and then layer with cheese. Rest in the fridge until needed.
- Lay the pastry out, and using a bowl that’s about 16cm, cut 4 x discs. Layer the trimmings, re-roll the pastry and then cut 4 x 8cm discs.
- Remove the burger stacks from the fridge and over one of the stacks, carefully place the larger of the pastry discs over and smooth around the edges and sides (like icing a cake) making sure you keep a ‘burger like shape.
- Brush the smaller disc with egg yolk and place under the base of the burger. Seal the two pastry discs together. Rest in fridge for 10 minutes to firm.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/gas 7. Place on non-stick baking tray (or covered in non-stick baking paper) and brush all over with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.