Tuna Melt Toastie with Branston Spicy Tomato Relish
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 1tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp soured cream
- 2tbsp tinned sweet corn
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- zest of a lemon
- 1tbsp chopped Coriander
- salt and pepper
- 150g tinned tuna, drained
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- ½ ripe avocado cut & sliced
- 50g grated Swiss cheese
- 20g grated Parmesan
- 3tbsp Branston Spicy Tomato Relish
- 2tbsp butter for frying
- Pre heat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, soured cream, sweet corn, chilli, zest, coriander and season. Carefully fold in the tuna. Set to one side.
- Spread two of the bread slices with the tuna mix, then top with avocado slices, and the cheeses.
- Spread the remaining 2 slices with the Relish. Close sandwiches together.
- In a heavy based saucepan heat the butter on a medium heat till starting to foam. Add the sandwiches and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip over and transfer the pan to the oven for 4 minutes melting the cheese inside.
- Cut and Serve
For a milder toastie the kids can enjoy, substitute Spicy Tomato Relish for Tomato and Red Pepper Relish and omit the chilli.