A classic French chicken ballotine, created by Greedy Gourmet but with a twist using Branston Smooth Pickle, is refined and impeccable in taste!
- 40ml (8 tsp) Branston Smooth Pickle
- 120g (4 oz) Roquefort cheese
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F/gas mark 4.
- With a knife, make an incision at the top, thick part of the breast. Gently push the knife down to deepen the cut, thus creating a pocket for the filling.
- Fill each breast with 10ml (2 tsp) of pickle and fill any remaining space with cheese.
- Let the butter and oil sizzle in an oven safe frying pan and fry the breasts skin side down until the skin is crisp and golden brown.
- Turn the breasts over and transfer the pan to the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cooking time varies depending on the size of the chicken breasts. The chicken’s internal cooking temperature should be 75°C (165°F) and the meat should be firm to the touch.
- Serve with crushed new potatoes, steamed broccoli and roasted cherry tomatoes.