Get your taste buds singing and your tummy rumbling by adding a nice big dollop of Branston to your everyday meal!
- 2 heaped tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Half your spice mix
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 large aubergine, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 3 tbsp groundnut (or other neutral) oil
- 300g chopped tomatoes
- Remaining half of spice mix
- 3 tbsp Small Chunk Branston Pickle
- 1 tsp salt
- A little water
- Coriander to serve (optional)
1. Make the spice mix by mixing together the spices in a small bowl.
2. Add half of the spice mix to the chicken with the remaining marinade ingredients. Set aside to marinate for an hour or so.
3. Heat oil over a medium heat then chuck in the peppers and onions. When translucent and starting to pick up some colour, chuck in the ginger/garlic paste, the marinated chicken and its marinade, the aubergine (if using), and the remaining spices. Fry for a minute, then add the tomatoes, Branston Pickle, salt, and a little water. Cook for 20 minutes or so over a low flame.
4. Serve with coriander, rice, naan and yoghurt! Enjoy!