Parsnip & Cabbage Fritters
A great, easy recipe for Leftovers Day!
- 400g parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head green cabbage (like Savoy), finely shredded (or you can also use left over Brussel sprouts)
- 3 eggs
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 6 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 tsp cumin
- Olive oil, for frying
- Branson pickle, to serve
- Salad, to serve
1. Toss the parsnips and cabbage together in a large bowl.
2. In a jug, whisk together the eggs, crème fraîche, flour, thyme and cumin then season with salt and pepper. Pour over the parsnips and cabbage and mix to coat completely.
3. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and spoon in the fritter mixture – about two tbsp per fritter.
4. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side over a medium heat, until golden and cooked through.
5. Serve while still warm with a dollop of Branston pickle and the salad.