Pulled Chicken Burgers & Crunchy Slaw
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 450g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ each yellow and red pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp Branston Barbecue Sauce
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 4 crusty rolls, halved
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium frying pan, add the chicken and cook over a high heat for 2 mins per side until deep golden. Add the chilli, cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 20 mins, turning once.
- Meanwhile, mix the peppers, carrot, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, coriander and salt and pepper in a small bowl to make the slaw. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate or board and shred with two forks. Return to the pan with the barbecue sauce. Heat for 2 mins until sticky.
- Place the chicken in the lettuce leaves, roll and top with the crunchy slaw.