Try a tangy new marinade with Dan's kickin' chicken recipe!
- 800g chicken thigh fillets (or drumsticks if preferred)
- 250g-300g Branston Pickle Small Chunk
- Chipotle flakes or dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the chicken thighs in half or make 2 cuts in the thick part of each drumstick. Place the chicken in a bowl and add the pickle. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the pickle with the chicken ensuring complete coverage.
- Add a teaspoon of chipotle or chilli flakes to taste (add more or less depending on how hot you like things!)
- Leave to marinate for at least 20 mins. If you can, leave the chicken and Branston to marinate overnight in the fridge for a fuller taste!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Bake the chicken thighs for 25-30 mins or the drumsticks for 35-40 mins until lightly browned and cooked through, basting with the juices half way through for maximum taste.
- Serve with homemade wedges, a blue cheese dip and salad to add some colour!
The Branston gives a kind of zing that makes it really tasty.