Cheese & Branston Pickle Puffs
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- One sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g cheddar, large cubes
- 4 tbsp Branston smooth pickle
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp white sesame
- Preheat a fan oven to 170C. Flour a work surface and lay out the puff pastry sheet and slice in half lengthwise. Along the top edge of each half, place blobs of smooth pickle 2cm apart. Place alternating cubes of each cheese on top of each blob.
- On the opposite side of the pastry, brush the edge with the whisked egg and fold the pastry over the top of the cheese cubes. Carefully press the pastry together along the edge and between each cube. Take a pastry cutter and cut along the top edge and between each cube to form individual squares. Use a fork to gently crimp around the edges of each square, this will help to seal them. Brush the outside of the pastry with the remaining egg-wash and top with sesame seeds.
- Place the puffs on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden crisp and melted in the middle.