Cauliflower and Sweet Chilli Buffalo Wings
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- Sunflower spray oil
- 110g plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 30g butter
- 1 large chilli, finely sliced
- 5 tbsp Branston Sweet Chilli Pickle
For the dip
- 6 tbsp half-fat crème fraiche
- 50g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
1. Heat the oven to Mark 7/220C/200C fan and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spray the paper with the sunflower oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic salt, chilli powder, egg, milk and water to form a thin batter. Add the cauliflower and toss well to coat.
3. Remove the cauliflower from the batter, shaking off any excess and place onto the prepared tray, spacing the florets apart. Spray with the oil and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the florets over with a palette knife and spray again with oil. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the batter is golden and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the chilli and Branston Sweet Chilli Pickle and warm through. Spoon the mixture over the cauliflower, and turn to roughly coat. Bake for a further 5 minutes until sticky and deep golden brown.
6. For the cheese dip, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until quite smooth. Season to taste.
7. Serve the cauliflower on a large plate with the blue cheese dip.