Cauliflower and Sweet Chilli Buffalo Wings
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- Sunflower spray oil
- 110g plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 30g butter
- 1 large chilli, finely sliced
- 5 tbsp Branston Sweet Chilli Pickle
For the dip
- 6 tbsp half-fat crème fraiche
- 50g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat the oven to Mark 7/220C/200C fan and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spray the paper with the sunflower oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic salt, chilli powder, egg, milk and water to form a thin batter. Add the cauliflower and toss well to coat.
- Remove the cauliflower from the batter, shaking off any excess and place onto the prepared tray, spacing the florets apart. Spray with the oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the florets over with a palette knife and spray again with oil. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the batter is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the chilli and Branston Sweet Chilli Pickle and warm through. Spoon the mixture over the cauliflower, and turn to roughly coat. Bake for a further 5 minutes until sticky and deep golden brown.
- For the cheese dip, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until quite smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve the cauliflower on a large plate with the blue cheese dip.