Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 3 large chicken breasts, butterflied or sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp small chunk Branston pickle
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 5 tbsp kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- Zest and juice 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 75g (3oz) Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar, grated
- 4 corn taco shells
In a medium sized bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients then add the chicken. Cover and put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Meanwhile mix together the tomato, spring onion, kidney beans and avocado. Add the lime juice and the olive oil. Stir in 1 tbsp chopped coriander.
Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot, then add the marinated chicken breasts on one side for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Transfer the chicken to a chopping board and chop into strips.
Warm the taco shells and serve with the salsa and the chicken and top with grated cheese and lime zest.