Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos
Get your recipes singing and your tummy rumbling with a nice big dollop or squeeze of Branston.
- 3 large chicken breasts, butterflied or sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp small chunk Branston pickle
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 5 tbsp kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- Zest and juice 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 75g (3oz) Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar, grated
- 4 corn taco shells
- In a medium sized bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients then add the chicken. Cover and put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile mix together the tomato, spring onion, kidney beans and avocado. Add the lime juice and the olive oil. Stir in 1 tbsp chopped coriander.
- Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot, then add the marinated chicken breasts on one side for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Transfer the chicken to a chopping board and chop into strips.
- Warm the taco shells and serve with the salsa and the chicken and top with grated cheese and lime zest.