When you make it yourself, you make it special. So be a craftsman of your own mouthwatering masterpiece and give it a big dollop of Branston.
- 1 Portobello mushroom (roughly the size of the muffin), peeled
- Olive oil for baking
- Salt & Pepper
- large handful baby spinach
- 1tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1tsp cream cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 x large English Muffin (white or wholemeal)
- 1 x slice gorgonzola cheese or Cheddar (to your liking)
- 2 x Baby gem lettuce leaves (washed & dried)
- 1 x slice of Beef Tomato
- Branston Caramelised Red Onion Relish
Preheat an oven 180C/Gas 4. Drizzle the Mushroom with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake on an oven tray for 15 minutes.
In a small sauce pan on a medium heat, wilt the spinach, allow to cool a little and squeeze away any water, return to the pan. Add the Parmesan, cream cheese and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
With a fork prick the muffin in half and place onto a baking tray. On to one of the muffin halves, spoon on the creamed spinach, then add the mushroom (bottom side up), then the cheese slice.
Place the tray into the oven and bake until cheese has melted and the other half toasted (about 5mins).
On top of the cheese side place the lettuce leaves and then the tomato.
Spread the Caramelised Red Onion Relish on the remaining muffin half and close together. Serve warm.